GIVE & GET INVOLVED
How to Contribute to the Campaign
- Payment Options: You may make a one-time gift or make a pledge to the campaign to be paid over a 1-3 year period. To set up a pledge, please contact Heidi at Heidi@cuhumane.org or at 217-344-7297.
- Write a Check: Make your check payable to CCHS and mail or deliver it to Champaign County Humane Society, Attn: Capital Campaign, 1911 E. Main Street, Urbana, IL 61801.
- Give a Gift of Stock: CCHS has an account ready to receive stocks and bonds. Upon receipt the assets will be liquidated and the funds held until needed to pay for renovation and construction-related costs. To make arrangements, please contact Heidi at Heidi@cuhumane.org or at 217-344-7297.
- Make a Gift by Credit Card: Yes, we accept credit card payments. However, we incur a 2.5%-3.0% processing fee for credit card payments which impacts the actual amount of your gift. We hope you'll consider increasing your gift to cover this expense.
- Give Online here. Again, we incur a 2.5%-3.0% processing fee for credit card payments which impacts the actual amount of your gift.
- Host your own Fundraising Event: We would love to assist you in holding an event to support the Expanding our Pawprint campaign! Contact Rebecca@cuhumane.org for information or to brainstorm ideas.
The Champaign County Humane Society (CCHS) receives no money from Champaign County or Champaign County tax payers. The reference to “Champaign County” in our name refers to the geographic area we serve, not to any official affiliation with the County. CCHS is an independent non-profit organization that is not funded by any governmental body. CCHS also does not operate under the umbrella of any national animal welfare organization and does not receive funding from the Humane Society of the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any Naming Opportunities?
Yes! We have them! We are offering opportunities for donor’s names to be displayed on plaques in several key areas of the CCHS facility, such as the main lobby, the new small animal area, or the newly renovated dog kennels. CLICK HERE FOR the current naming opportunities.
Will a gift to the Capital Campaign be instead of my annual gift to CCHS?
We hope not. Your Capital Campaign gift is a “special impact gift” paid out over 2-3 years to support the much-needed renovations to our facility. Our last fund drive for capital improvements commenced in 1986. Since then, our programs and services have greatly expanded, while our facility has aged considerably. Annual gifts to CCHS help support daily operations such as food and medical services for the animals, utilities, employee compensation, and ongoing maintenance to the facility. We hope our donors will consider making a “special impact gift” to the Capital Campaign, while continuing to support our daily work on behalf of homeless animals. The Champaign County Humane Society receives no funding from municipal, county, state, or federal governments.
Can I make a gift in memory or in honor of someone?
Yes. As a donor, you will be given the option to indicate your gift was made in honor or memory a special person or a pet. Everyone who supports the Capital Campaign will be recognized in a special edition of our Paw Prints newsletter, where memorials and honorariums will also appear. You also have the option of being listed as an anonymous donor
Can I give an anonymous gift?
Yes, you can certainly do so. Please contact Development Director, Heidi Zulauf-Mulderink to accommodate your request.
Will my contribution to the campaign be made public?
All gifts to the Campaign will be treated in a confidential manner between you and our Campaign Leadership Team members, unless the you specify otherwise at the time of your gift.